WORLD CHAMPION - HALL OF FAME
MASTER LAVELLE SMITH
TEACHING KIDS NOT TO FIGHT
People often have the misconception that martial arts is teaching kids to fight. That is indeed a misconception. My students are rarely involved in altercations at school or elsewhere. I recently had a local teacher talking to me about a group of our students saying that they were some of the most respected students in the school and that they never cause trouble. Respect only comes from respecting others and respect is exactly what we teach our Free Form students. Yes, they learn self-defense while gaining self-esteem and self-confidence, but in doing so, they learn how NOT to fight. One of the 7 philosophies that our students are required to learn is "A good martial artist will avoid conflict if possible." We are very proud of our students and how they represent Free Form Martial Arts. Keep up the good work!
Master Lavelle Smith
THE 12 MUST LIFE SKILLS
1. FOCUS - When you pay attention, you look with your eyes, listen with your ears, and think with your mind. From doing well in school to earning your next belt, focus helps you to learn and do better.
2. RESPECT - Treat your parents with respect by doing what they ask. Treat your siblings with respect by being kind and sharing. Treat your teachers with respect by paying attention.
3. DISCIPLINE - Whether it’s cleaning your room, doing homework, or practicing the martial arts, you’ll always feel great when you do your best. Feeling great about yourself is called self-esteem.
4. FAMILY - Show your family their importance by spending time with them. Obey your parents and get along with your siblings.
5. ACADEMIC - Learning is important because it helps you know things. When you know things, like the answers on a test, you feel smart. Being smart comes from being a good learner. Being a good learner starts with focus.
6. ATTITUDE - Be a happy person. Acting in a positive manner makes everything more fun.
7. CONFIDENCE - Confidence teaches you to never give up and always do your best. It encourages you to work hard and always feel good about yourself.
8. CHOICES - If you make good choices, good things happen. If you make bad choices, bad things happen.
9. GOALS - It’s important to have and achieve goals. When you achieve a goal, you feel good about yourself.
10. FITNESS - Fitness helps you to be healthy and strong. Exercising feels good and gives you lots of energy.
11. TEAMWORK - Teamwork is a formula for success. You can accomplish much more as a team than by yourself.
12. MANNERS - Good manners are the sign of an intelligent person. It shows consideration for others and promotes harmony.
2019 NAGA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
KADEN "THE DRAGON" SMITH
3 TIME NAGA NATIONAL CHAMPION
3 TIME US OPEN CHAMPION
PRO SUBMISSION FIGHTER
Primary Sponsors of Kaden "The Dragon" Smith
Barnes Crossing Auto Group 662-320-2380
Free Form Martial Arts is committed to a structured program that builds self-esteem and self-confidence. Anyone who desires to be the best that they can be in life, challenges, sports, occupation or anything else, must have self-confidence! Join our online training program. If you don't have time to join, but would like to improve your confidence, contact us for private lessons. The focus/coordination drills that we incorporate into training is sure to up your game!